About the Organization:
New Moms strengthens families by partnering with young moms as they progress toward housing stability, economic mobility, and family well-being. New Moms is a nonprofit organization with a $8 million budget and a staff of nearly 60. At New Moms, young moms, 24 and under, take powerful first steps toward economic mobility and family well-being. Our 2-Generation approach puts families experiencing poverty in control of their goals and unleashes their potential. New Moms’ headquarters is located on the west side of Chicago in the Austin neighborhood. Our East Garfield Park location includes all Workforce Development programming as well as our social enterprise, Bright Endeavors, which provides paid transitional jobs for young moms. We also have an office in Oak Park serving the near western suburbs.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Moms prioritizes racial equity as a strategic and organizational imperative. Strong candidates will be committed to integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) values into their work goals and will be evaluated on their impact.
About the Job:
The Workforce Development Performance Manager is responsible for managing quality improvement and performance outcomes for the New Moms’ Workforce Development department. This position will work collaboratively with others, both internally and externally, to define success, establish metrics, analyze data, and quantify and visualize results. This position is responsible for updating internal and external data systems, assuring timely program reporting, and training all team members on data quality standards. This full-time position supports the agency’s vision, philosophy and values through the delivery of a comprehensive services to young moms including job training, academic coaching, and career exploration. The Workforce Development Performance Manager will champion all New Moms values including our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, in both strategic planning and performance. This position is located at our East Garfield Park location. Starting Salary: $55,000
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Trains and supports coaches to assure all contractual benchmarks are met within the Workforce Development (WD) department
- Provides professional development opportunities to team members
- In partnership with WD leadership and the Senior Director of Performance Management, designs, maintains and documents data collection processes based on funder requirements
- Assists with implementation and tracking progress of continuous quality improvement activities, and required reporting, and program outcomes
- Tracks progress and creates data stories using a combination of narrative, numbers and visuals
- Serves as point person for external evaluators, prepares files and is the lead for all program audits on assigned contracts/grants
- Assists with programmatic internal and external data management training, data entry, and compliance to ensure staff compliance with agency and funder database requirements, checking monthly for accuracy and completion
- Develops formal and informal relationships with community service providers
- Assists with the hiring, training and supervision of a diverse team, including interns as needed
- Upholds the New Moms’ Executive Skills Coaching approach which is grounded in racial equity
- Regularly participates in agency and program staff meetings, as well as professional group seminars or conferences to enhance professional knowledge and job skills
- Represents New Moms in a positive and constructive manner in all interactions with participants, staff, board, government officials, funders, and community partners
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience required; in data collection, analysis, visualization, and/or reporting in a social services organization preferred
- Experience supervising staff, volunteers or interns preferred
- Experience with multiple funding contracts; WIOA and/or CDBG contract experience preferred
- Experience quantifying and visualizing data in a nonprofit organization preferred
- Strong track record in managing a comprehensive and complex array of projects with intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Strong proficiency in digital/computer technology i.e. Microsoft 365 applications, Google Suite etc.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team approach model, taking individual responsibility and autonomy while also working well in roles leading and serving as part of a diverse team
- Valid driver’s license, with safe driving record and valid insurance
- Access to a reliable car and/or ability to use public transportation required
- New Moms employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption through the Director of HR.
- Work hours take place on site at our East Garfield Park location. However, candidates must have ability to work remotely as needed. A laptop and cell phone will be provided by New Moms.
- Must complete health screen prior to reporting to office and adhere to all New Moms COVID-19 safety procedures.
New Moms’ Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; matching on retirement savings up to 3%; 14 paid holidays; and generous paid time off. We also offer several unique benefits to New Moms: discounts on Bright Endeavors products, free optional spiritual direction services, and half days on Fridays in the summer. Our Flexible Work Options policy allows for staff to work some hours remotely once training is complete. For licensed employees, you will receive over 20 free CEU's during onboarding and an additional 1.5 free CEU's/month throughout employment. We promote professional development and provide time for you to attend other external trainings opportunities as well.