About the Job:
Serving as a part of the Job Training team this position provides direct supervision of the coaching team and provides programmatic leadership, direction, and oversight of New Moms’ Workforce Development program. This position works in partnership with the Bright Endeavor’s team to ensure program goals and growth aligns with operations of a growing social enterprise. This full-time position supports the agency’s vision, philosophy and values in the comprehensive delivery of services to young moms through the delivery of a comprehensive Workforce Development program. The Workforce Development Program Manager will champion all New Moms values including our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, in both strategic planning and performance. This position is located at Bright Endeavors in Garfield Park. (also see COVID-19 Modifications below). Starting Salary: $50,000 - $53,000 DOE
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises Job Training coaches to assure all contractual benchmarks are met within the Workforce Development program
- Assists Senior Director of Workforce Development to provide leadership and oversight of service delivery including program development, implementation, and supervision of staff
- Responsible for the hiring, training and supervision of a diverse team. Facilitates reflective supervision with direct reports and provides coaching to help staff grow as professionals and excel in their role
- Works collaboratively with BE business team to identify gaps and needs to ensure high- quality coaching and manufacturing standards are met
- Responsible for orientation of volunteers and interns involved within the Workforce Development program
- In consultation with the Senior Director of Workforce Development and the Senior Director of Performance Management, assists with implementation and tracking progress on programmatic plans, quality assurance activities, required reporting, and program outcomes
- Drives job placement and corporate account relationships, ensuring New Moms maintains a robust portfolio of employment partners and possible sales pipeline for Bright Endeavors
- Assists with programmatic internal and external data management training, data entry, and compliance to ensure staff compliance with Agency and funder database requirements checking monthly for accuracy and completion.
- Participates in departments budget preparation and reviews; responsible for budget implementation and adherence
- Upholds the New Moms’ Family-Centered Coaching approach which is grounded in racial equity
- Master’s or doctoral degree in counseling and guidance, rehabilitation counseling, social work, psychology, pastoral counseling, family therapy, children and families or related human service field required
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience in training or workforce development
- At least three (3) years of experience hiring and leading diverse teams
- Experience managing multiple funding contracts, WIOA and/or CDBG contracts experience preferred
- Strong track record in managing a comprehensive and complex array of projects with intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and a results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team approach model, taking individual responsibility and autonomy while also working well in roles leading and serving as part of a diverse team
- Valid driver’s license, with safe driving record and valid insurance
- Access to a reliable car required
- Candidates must have ability to work remotely as needed. A laptop will be provided by New Moms.
- Must complete health screen prior to reporting to office, wear a mask throughout shift, and adhere to all New Moms COVID-19 safety procedures.
New Moms’ Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; matching on retirement savings up to 3%; 14 paid holidays; and generous paid time off. We also offer several unique benefits to New Moms: discounts on Bright Endeavors products, free optional spiritual direction services, and half days on Fridays in the summer.
About the Organization:
The mission of New Moms is to express the love of God by surrounding young moms and their children with all they need to transform their lives. New Moms is a 38 year old nonprofit organization, with a budget of nearly $6 million and a staff of nearly 60. New Moms supports young families throughout Chicagoland with our Housing, Family Support, and Job Training programs. At New Moms, young moms, 24 and under, take powerful first steps toward economic mobility and family well-being. Our 2-Generation approach puts families experiencing poverty in control of their goals and unleashes their potential. New Moms’ headquarters is located on the west side of Chicago in the Austin neighborhood. Our social enterprise, Bright Endeavors, which provides paid transitional jobs for young moms, is located nearby in the West Garfield Park neighborhood. We also have an office in Oak Park serving the near western suburbs.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Moms prioritizes racial equity as a strategic and organizational imperative. Strong candidates will be committed to integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) values into their work goals and will be evaluated on their impact.