About the Job:
The Learning and Evaluation Manager provides ongoing training, refinement, and analysis of New Moms’ unique core model and facilitates design and study of new strategies that improve outcomes. This full-time role also manages projects with internal and external stakeholders that further support the scaled impact of our mission. Working closely with the Director of Learning and Innovation, and as a member of the Program and Performance Management team, the Learning and Evaluation Manager supports the agency’s vision, philosophy, and values in the delivery of high-quality services to New Moms’ families and partners. The Learning and Evaluation Manager will champion all New Moms’ values including our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, in both planning and performance. This position is located at our main office in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago, with occasional travel to represent New Moms with external stakeholders to amplify our unique model (also see COVID-19 Modifications below). Starting Salary: $47,500 - $50,000 DOE
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support ongoing deepening and scaling of New Moms’ Two-Generation model, which embodies whole-family coaching with a particular emphasis on executive skills and other emerging promising practices in a variety of settings and program areas
- Assist with the documentation of the fidelity of our whole-family coaching model across all programs
- Elevate, share, and integrate new knowledge, research, and best practices from the field
- Facilitate and train staff to ensure fidelity to our model through onboarding and ongoing competencies in coordination with Director of HR, using creative and collaborative approaches to engage attendees virtually and in-person. Collaborate with Program Directors to design and support methods that ensure fidelity to our model throughout our organizational culture.
- Working closely with the Senior Director of Performance Management, help evaluate data and impact of program approaches to elevate successes to scale, and identify solutions to challenges in a fast-cycle iteration approach
- Facilitate co-design of new strategies, track and document study design of new strategies, including new technologies, which align with our mission, integrate with our core practices, and create opportunities for families
- Manage cross-functional teams through discovery, planning, and iterative cycles to test and embed successful ideas in our programs and culture concurrently
- Provide input on improving Learning and Innovation procedures, processes, and practices; identify and develop new policies and practices as needed
- Upholds the New Moms’ Family-Centered Coaching approach which is grounded in racial equity
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- At least three (3) years’ experience in human services, training/education, evaluation, or project management, including experience developing and facilitating high-quality training
- Knowledge of user-centered design, rapid-cycle testing, and applied behavioral science, is preferred
- Strong relationship-building skills and skillful at communicating with diverse teams both internally and externally
- Strong track record in managing multiple projects at once with curiosity, attention to detail, and a results-oriented approach
- Excellent technology and communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Willingness to pitch and present to various stakeholders, group sizes, in a variety of mediums (video, written, audio, virtually, in-person)
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team approach model, taking individual responsibility and autonomy while also working well in roles leading and serving as part of a diverse team
- Valid driver’s license, with safe driving record and valid insurance
- Access to a car and/or ability to use public transportation
- Candidates must have ability to work remotely as needed. A laptop will be provided by New Moms.
- Must complete health screen prior to reporting to office, wear a mask throughout shift, and adhere to all New Moms COVID-19 safety procedures.
New Moms’ Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; matching on retirement savings up to 3%; 14 paid holidays; and generous paid time off. We also offer several unique benefits to New Moms: discounts on Bright Endeavors products, free optional spiritual direction services, and half days on Fridays in the summer.
About the Organization:
New Moms is a 38 year old nonprofit organization, with a budget of nearly $6 million and a staff of nearly 60. New Moms supports young families throughout Chicagoland with our Housing, Family Support, and Job Training programs. At New Moms, young moms, 24 and under, take powerful first steps toward economic mobility and family well-being. Our 2-Generation approach puts families experiencing poverty in control of their goals and unleashes their potential. New Moms’ headquarters is located on the west side of Chicago in the Austin neighborhood. Our social enterprise, Bright Endeavors, which provides paid transitional jobs for young moms, is located nearby in the West Garfield Park neighborhood. We also have an office in Oak Park serving the near western suburbs.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Moms prioritizes racial equity as a strategic and organizational imperative. Strong candidates will be committed to integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) values into their work goals and will be evaluated on their impact.