About the Organization:
New Moms strengthens families by partnering with young moms as they progress toward housing stability, economic mobility, and family well-being. New Moms is a nonprofit organization with a budget of nearly $6 million and a staff of nearly 60. At New Moms, young moms, 24 and under, take powerful first steps toward economic mobility and family well-being. Our 2-Generation approach puts families experiencing poverty in control of their goals and unleashes their potential. New Moms’ headquarters is located on the west side of Chicago in the Austin neighborhood. Our social enterprise, Bright Endeavors, which provides paid transitional jobs for young moms, is located nearby in the West Garfield Park neighborhood. We also have an office in Oak Park serving the near western suburbs.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Moms prioritizes racial equity as a strategic and organizational imperative. Strong candidates will be committed to integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) values into their work goals and will be evaluated on their impact.
About the Job:
The Learning and Evaluation Manager provides ongoing training, refinement, and analysis of New Moms’ unique core model and facilitates equity-centered evaluation of new strategies that improve outcomes. This full-time role also manages projects with internal and external stakeholders that further support the scaled impact of our mission. Working closely with the Director of Learning and Innovation, and as a member of the Program and Performance Management team, the Learning and Evaluation Manager supports the agency’s vision, philosophy, and values in the delivery of high-quality services to New Moms’ families and partners. The Learning and Evaluation Manager will champion all New Moms’ values including our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, in both planning and performance. This position is located at our main office in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago, with occasional travel to represent New Moms with external stakeholders to amplify our unique model (also see COVID-19 Modifications below). Starting Salary: $50,000 - $55,000 DOE
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support ongoing deepening and scaling of New Moms’ Two-Generation model, which embodies whole-family coaching with a particular emphasis on executive skills and other emerging promising practices in a variety of settings and program areas.
- Assist with the documentation and lead evaluation of the fidelity of our whole-family coaching model across all programs. Translate data for the Program teams, to support methods that ensure fidelity to our model.
- Working closely with the Senior Director of Performance Management, help evaluate data and impact of program approaches to elevate successes and identify solutions to challenges.
- Act a Project Manager for cross-functional teams by tracking & documenting iterative cycles of testing new strategies, including new technologies, which align with our mission/core practices, and embed successful ideas in our programs and culture concurrently.
- Elevate, share, and integrate new knowledge, research, and best practices from the field, specifically related to building New Moms’ internal evaluation skill set.
- Facilitate and train staff through onboarding and ongoing competencies in coordination with Director of HR, using creative and collaborative approaches to engage attendees virtually and in-person.
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners learning about Executive Skills, Family-Centered Coaching, and other elements of New Moms’ approach, including peer organizations and networks, collaborators, thought leaders, and evaluation teams.
- Collaborate with Director of Learning and Innovation to cultivate Executive Skills consulting opportunities, facilitate trainings, and manage learning projects with external partners.
- Create process and sustain evaluation of impact of external partnership consulting projects.
- Upholds the New Moms’ Family-Centered Coaching approach which is grounded in racial equity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in human services, training/education, evaluation, or project management.
- Experience with program analysis and various evaluation methods, especially with an equity lens, is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of user-centered design, rapid-cycle testing, and applied behavioral science, is preferred.
- Strong relationship-building skills and skillful at communicating with diverse teams both internally and externally.
- Strong track record in managing multiple projects at once with curiosity, attention to detail, and a results-oriented approach.
- Excellent technology and communication skills, both oral and in writing.
- Willingness to pitch and present to various stakeholders, group sizes, in a variety of mediums (video, written, audio, virtually, in-person).
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team approach model, taking individual responsibility and autonomy while also working well in roles leading and serving as part of a diverse team.
- Access to a car and/or ability to use public transportation. If car is primary means of transportation, must have valid driver’s license, with safe driving record and valid insurance.
- Through Summer 2021, New Moms is currently using a hybrid workplace strategy. We plan to return to full time, in person work come September 2021, using local and federal guidelines for reopening. After 1+ year of employment at New Moms, with strong performance, staff may be eligible to request additional Flexible Work Options at that time.
- Candidates must have ability to work remotely as needed. A laptop will be provided by New Moms.
- Must complete health screen prior to reporting to office and adhere to all New Moms COVID-19 safety procedures, including wearing a mask according to New Moms’ policy.
New Moms’ Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; matching on retirement savings up to 3%; 14 paid holidays; and generous paid time off. We also offer several unique benefits to New Moms: discounts on Bright Endeavors products, free optional spiritual direction services, and half days on Fridays in the summer.